Sunday, March 22, 2015

3/16 Assignment

This video about public speaking is going to help me, in a way, for my presentation because it stated factual information that will go into good use.  First, I will prepare for my presentation by knowing my topic/essential question backwards and forwards.  Then, I will know exactly how I am going to present it.  In this regard, I will create a powerpoint or a pamphlet to show my information.  Second, my posture and physicality will show a lot to my audience.  If I am slouched and not in a good mood, the audience will not be into my presentation and they will think what is wrong with her.  I want to make a good impression to my audience and give them my information in a spirited, clear matter.

Lastly, in order for my audience to enjoy my presentation, I need to pander to them.  This includes not being so serious, not reading my entire presentation off of my notecards, and/or even throw in a joke to lighten the mood.  These things will make me be more natural to the audience and they will enjoy the information more.  The "P-Method" will definitely go into effect when I am preparing for my presentation and during it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment